Web Developer Position Available
Are you looking for a great place to work and apply your development skills?
We are searching for a motivated and talented In-House Web Developer for employment 4 days a week or full time, at Studio-N. You’ll work closely with a great team in a fast paced and creative atmosphere close to unique shops and restaurants right in downtown Peterborough.
The Web Developer is responsible for developing websites from Illustrator/Photoshop files custom designed in house. The Web Developer will work directly with our design team as well as with clients.
- Design, create, and code graphics to create web sites, e-mailers and other electronic media.
- Develop and deploy web interfaces including layout design and concept.
- Create web site development plans to determine timelines and estimates for completing web projects.
- Work with clients and gather functional requirements
- Perform search engine registrations and attach Google Analytics.
- Ensure that web-based applications are optimized for third-party search engines and tools.
- Code database-driven web sites.
- Test the web sites in order to address and fix errors.
- Update web sites as required.
- Launch websites upload and download files via file transfer protocol (FTP).
- Assist to set up web site hosting, third party.
- Stay informed of existing and emerging Internet and web technologies.
- Provide technical assistance to team, content suppliers, clients.
- Hold client meetings and regularly consult with clients as required.
- Help the staff maintain and build our back up system and in-house job tracking system
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Below are attributes we are looking for:
- Technical Thinker
- Team Worker eager to join and help Build our Excellent Team
- Friendly People Person
- Excellent Time Manager
- Creative and Innovative Thinker
- Continually Learning and Developing
- Problem Solver
- Someone Accountable and Dependable
- Someone Eager to Research and Analyze
- Decision Maker
- Someone who Provides Consultation
- Someone Ethical and has Integrity
- Good Planner and Organizer
- Excellent Mathematical Reasoner
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED.
- University degree or college diploma in computer science or information systems preferred, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- At least 5 years of direct work experience in web development.
- Strong experience with HTML, CSS, and PHP.
- Experience with web development platforms and languages, – LAMP development
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Solid understanding of web architectures, accessibility and usability testing.
- Experience building multiple web sites of increasing complexity, including e-commerce sites.
- Basic working knowledge of web servers (e.g. Apache).
- Strong knowledge of browser compatibility problems for all platforms and major browser types.
- Experience with search engine optimization and implementing recommendations from our SEO team member
- Basic working knowledge of database-driven web site design.
- Skilled in the use of Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, and other applications.
- Strong knowledge of page layout and photographic requirements and able to resize photos and enter content if required.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Effective deadline management and project management skills.
- Very strong customer service focus.
- Linux/UNIX experience including shell scripting
Nice to have:
- Layout Frameworks (i.e. Bootstrap)
Work hours are Monday to Friday 9:00AM to 5:00PM with 1/2 hour paid lunch.
To apply please send your complete resume and examples of your work to email@example.com. (Emails only please) Applications will be accepted until June 1, 2018. Only applicants considered for the position will be contacted for interviews. Select interviewees will be asked to attend a paid trial work date.
Salary to be negotiated.