Our knowledge will reassure you, our enthusiasm will inspire you, and the results will convince you.
Creative web design & development services in Peterborough
Our Studio-N design team is excited about each and every web design project that comes through the door. Each project is a chance to flex our design muscles and help grow another local business. We’ll design your new website to help you accomplish specific business goals, and your vision will be incorporated throughout the process. The end result will be an effective and beautiful website you’ll be proud of.
Responsive web design
A “responsive” website is built to be elegant and functional on all devices, including desktop computers, laptops, tablets, and most importantly, smartphones.
We consider the user first, and:
- We doodle. Getting our ideas down on paper reveals the obvious. We sketch out various device iterations on a wireframe to maximize functionality
- Carefully plan the order of importance that information is presented on devices
- Design website elements specifically for devices by editing, colour choices, font size and more
We’ll design your new website to be engaging and beautiful on all devices.
We program all websites to be responsive, and we follow modern web standards and best practices. HTML5, PHP and MySQL are our technologies of choice, and we can develop all of your technical requirements. Some examples:
- Mobile-friendly e-commerce (including shopping cart and check-out)
- Database applications
- Accessibility standards and WCAG 2.0 compliancy
All functional elements are tested vigorously in popular desktop and mobile browsers. Once programming and testing are complete, we’ll upload your website to a remote server, so you can use, test, and approve everything before it’s launched to the public.
Content Development & Copy Writing
Content is a vital part of your website. Users need to be able to find the information they’re looking for quickly and easily.
- Intuitive navigation that makes it easy for users to find information
- Well-written, well organized content that’s easy for users to read and understand
- Professional photography and video production to add depth to your website
We’ll help you write web-friendly copy that converts visitors into customers.
Content Management System (CMS)
Our content management system (CMS) of choice is WordPress. It’s very easy for anyone to use, compared to most other CMS options.
- Add, edit and delete pages, text and photos yourself.
- Manage the inventory of your online store.
- Publish your own blog, events calendar, photo gallery and more.
A user-friendly CMS empower you to keep things current, and keep your audience up-to-speed on new information, products, and services.
Search engine optimization (SEO)
There’s a lot of hype and misinformation out there about SEO. The truth is: Search engines want to provide results that are accurate and helpful. We’ll make sure your website contains all the elements required to rank high in search results. Some examples:
- A logical architecture that makes it easy for search engines to crawl and index your website
- Web copy that addresses the needs and questions of your target audience
- Compelling meta data that displays in search results and encourages users to click through to your site
Search engines consider hundreds of factors when trying to determine rank. Our focus on content and on following published search engine guidelines is a highly-effective, long-term SEO strategy.
Social Media Strategy & Coaching
If you’ve never used social networking sites, or you’re unsure about how to use them effectively for your business, we can help get you started and coach you along the way. Some examples:
- Twitter – a networking approach that grows your local customer base
- Facebook – a strategy for posting content that encourages ‘likes’ and sharing
- Instagram – perfect for businesses and organizations where pictures speak louder than words.
Social media can be very effective in helping to grow your business. We can show you how it’s done, and integrate feeds right into your website.
We’ll help make sure Peterborough knows about your new website.
We’ll help you prepare for the big day, and assist you with getting all your marketing and social networking plans in place before launch. We’ll help you capitalize on this big announcement opportunity, and share the news in your community.
Call 705-742-1908, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit the contact form below to start a conversation about your new website design.